Applications are closed
As part of the Federation of African Nutrition Societies’ efforts to support learned societies in the developing countries, the FANUS Travel Fellowship 2023 Award supports deserving students worldwide to enable them participate in the 5th FANUS Conference (FANUS 5) in Dakar, Senegal from 19 to 24 November 2023.
Criteria for receiving the fellowship
The Fellowship is open to university students or young scientists who have completed their diploma within the last 5 years, with an interest in nutrition who wish to participate the largest continental scientific gathering on nutrition in Africa taking place between the 19 to 24 November 2023 in Dakar, Senegal. The award is given as a contribution to travel costs including return air travel, accommodation and conference participation. In order to qualify for an Award, the applicant should have submitted an abstract for the conference which has been accepted either for an oral or a poster presentation. The selection for the award will also take into account equitable regional / country distribution of those who meet the criteria. These will vary between 400 – 1000 USD depending on the cost.
This is a very competitive award and all applications including confirmation of conference registration and abstract acceptance (including copies of the abstracts accepted) and applicants’ one page CV will be assessed by an independent panel.
Terms and conditions for NS Travel Fellowship Award
- The award is given based on the merit of each application including equity of regional distribution in the case of the number of applicants from the same country in Africa.
- Applications must include a paragraph describing how receipt of the Award will benefit their participation in the FANUS conference.
- Recipients must note that the funds can only be released upon arrival at the conference in Dakar.
- Recipients must submit a brief report of their experience following the conference to the FANUS which will present a report to be published in the FANUS Newsletter and/or online on the contribution of the travel fellowship to FANUS. The report should be brief but of a high standard and include and photographs as appropriate and should be submitted within four (4) weeks after the conference.
- Note that FANUS reserves the right to reclaim the award in full if the report is not provided.